During the last few weeks of 2015 Hills were busy helping a number schools and academies prepare bids for Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) grants. These grants are available to academies via the Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Hills have a strong track record in helping Academies with their bids.
The projects included in these bids were for roofing repairs, science and art block refurbishments and a new drama hall. We put together a comprehensive costing document for each scheme which enabled the evaluator to clearly see the costs involved and establish that the projects offered value for money. We also provided procurement, programme and strategic advice on a number of these bids.
In April, we were very pleased to learn that the following bids were successful:
- Mounts Bay Academy - Science Block refurbishment
- Mounts Bay Academy - re-roofing of Art and Canteen blocks.
- Uffculme Academy - Drama Block
- Uffculme Academy - Road widening
- Plympton Academy - new performing arts facility.
We are now actively involved in the delivery of these schemes for each Academy.