We are a Living Wage Employer
W T Hills Limited comprising Hills, HartQS & Edwin Bryant Associates are an accredited Living Wage employer. The Living Wage is an hourly rate calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK. It is set independently and updated annually. There are two rates of Living Wage: one for those based in Greater London (London Living Wage) and another rate for the rest of the UK (UK Living Wage).
The current hourly rates for London Living Wage and UK Living Wage can be found on the Living Wage Foundation website at www.livingwage.org.uk. Employers choose to pay the Living Wage on a voluntary basis as opposed to the National Minimum Wage and the National Living Wage which are statutory obligations.
We recognise that payment of the Living Wage gives us various benefits, which include:
- Staff retention and reduced turnover;
- Increased employee engagement;
- Reduced absenteeism;
- Increased commitment to the organisation;
- Ethical employment practices; and
- A contribution to reduction in poverty affording people the opportunity to provide for themselves and their families.
For us, being a Living Wage employer means adherence to the following commitments:
- We will continue to pay the Living Wage for all our staff who are employed directly by us;
- We will aim to ensure (to the extent permitted by law) that our sub-consultants pay London Living Wage to those employees based in Greater London and UK Living Wage to those employees based outside Greater London.